Monday, February 23, 2009

Keeping Life in Balance



I have posted some photos maybe not as much for my readers, but maybe more for myself. Keeping life in balance, is an issue I think that we all face from time to time. I read many of your blogs, and I take to heart what each of is trying to say about yourself and your life. We are all challenged by life and the expectations that we put on it. Take time to balance your scales of life. Look at how you measure your time. Let us seek after those things that are lasting, measuring ourselves not by others but by how we do our best everyday. Thank you for sharing your life and inspiring mine. Deb

6 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Deb, These photos are great! I am of course, working on the balance thingy, too.

I find when I just commit my days to God that He really helps with this.

Thank you for the reminder to simply do my best, and not try to measure myself by others.

Have a lovely week!!
Blessings,
Becky

Darlene said...

That is a great post about keeping our lives in balance. I strive to do my best daily and when I fall short....I start all over the next day.♥

Lois Christensen said...

I agree. We need to make sure that while we all love blogging and reading other blogs, we're not neglecting our other responsibilities!! Thanks for the reminder, hope your day is great!!

Insightful Nana said...

Love your Photos... You're so good!

Balance... oh my gosh... I use to pray for balance until I heard James Ray of the "Secret" make this statement. It makes much more sense and frees me from guilt.

"Where there is balance, there is no energy; nothing is happening" he teaches. "In contrast, when all pieces move together in complete harmony, like the instruments in an orchestra, levels of happiness, wealth, and success soar."

In other words... some time the violins take the lead with the support of the others... some times the cello's take the lead with the violins supporting.

Love ya Deb

Kathy

Jikkes said...

Hai,

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog....I love to knit :o)
It is simply to do, while I'm breastfeeding...

Love,
Maureen
P.s. The photo of the All Stars is great....we are big fans!!!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Deb,
Thank you for the reminder. Something I need now and then... I'm off to look around a bit and then take a few deep breaths and just be thankful for the moment.
Happy night!
~Tracie