Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude






For those of you who have sent me comments about my cold, please know how much I have enjoyed your thoughtful comments. My husband offered to do a blog for me and tell a story on one of our early church leaders who had a cold and was considering a "medicinal" drink for his cold. I declined his offer. Though he is a funny guy and the story is funny, this isn't that kind of blog! So anyway, I am sending you some of the reasons I have been staying under a warm quilt. My cold is about gone, so it is time to move on.
Since the current theme of my blog is GRATITUDE, this is my reason to be grateful. I live in the Rocky Mountains, but we are a desert region. Water is a precious resource to not only the great state of Utah, but the surrounding states and California. We heavily depend on mountain snow pack for our water source. When we have a dry winter, we have to ration water during the summer, but it seems we are being blessed with enough snowfall this year that at least one ski resort opened last weekend. It is their second earliest opening in forty-two years. Something to be grateful for. My daughter, photographer is another wonderful thing to be grateful for. Leave me a comment and let me know if the spirit of gratitude has touched you today. Deb

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OK! First I am grateful for your blog. I have no idea how I found you, but it started with your Halloween decor...
And can I say, I just LOVE the Gratitude theme for Thanksgiving? I love your photos, the things you share and today's post as well as the video of snow.
At home, in my personal life, I have been dealing with some issues and not sharing them with a soul! I've been 'busy' in my own head, pondering things.
And it helps to get out of it and ask myself what I am grateful for... (as apposed to what do I not like!)...
So today, I am grateful for the little things that are so precious...like, helping today in my son's class at school and just having fun with the kids!
Thanks for the 'getting back to what's important' reminder!

Debbie said...

You brought tears to my eyes. I got up today wondering what I could give.I get feeling blue sometimes, but a little over a year ago. I made the decision that I was going to live life joyously. To live every day with the attitude of gratitude. As a mother when my children are ungrateful for the things I do for them, I don't feel as inclined to do as much next time. I took a look at my life and I realized that I am still child like and that my life will not be blessed more until I am more grateful for the things and experiences that I have been already "Blessed" with. You have made me feel so fulfilled today. Thank you so much for taking time out to share your feeling. I am sending you a hug. Keep on keeping on there is still more to come. You know that you are part of passing on the attitude of gratitude thank you for your wonderful note. Keep passing on your sweet spirit. Deb

Sit A Spell said...

Oh, the Rockies...I am thankful for the 10 yrs I was blessed to live in Colorado! I'm in very cold Michigan now, but love my home and beautiful gardens that I did not have in CO.