Thursday, August 21, 2008

Make It Your Own

It has now been about 6 months since I first started blogging. I have learned so much not only about blogging but more about what I have to offer to my readers. Thanks so much to those of you who have visited a few times and welcome to those who are visiting for the first time.

I have a background in decorating, designing and art. I have taught a lot of classes through the years and have had many how-to books published. Often people will ask me for decorating advice or project advice. This has given me an opportunity to talk one on one with people. There is one thing that comes to my mind when I talk to people and that it whatever you are doing "Make it your own"!

The internet is a great source for ideas, so are magazines as well as cable television program. If you haven't already started doing this, here is a great idea for creating a beautifully decorated home. When you see an idea, bookmark it, take a picture or if possible tear the picture out of the magazine then file it into a binder. Continue doing this and it won't be long until you have begun to recognize what your style is, the colors that you are attracted to and the overall look and feel that you want in your home. Use those pictures and ideas as a guideline. Then "Make it your own"!

The personal touch is what takes a good idea and makes it a great idea. There is no greater place to showcase your talents, ideas and your good taste than your own home. Designers can give a customer guidelines for decorating, but it is really up to the homeowner to decide which of the ideas that most suit their needs and tastes.

If your are looking for ideas let's talk. I would love to be able to give you resources, guidelines and how-to hints. Leave me a note in the comments and I will answer and together we can create an enviroment that will express your great ideas.

No comments: